If you’re planning a destination wedding, working with a local wedding planner is a “must”. You will need someone to coordinate things locally for you, from advising on the right venue choices to managing deliveries, setup and coordinating meetings on your behalf.
Sara Jane, the blog author, is one of Scotland’s leading Wedding Planners and offers a variety of planning packages to assist overseas couples with planning their destination wedding in Scotland.
Sara’s Destination planning packages can include:
- Working with you to create a budget for the wedding, letting you know from the outset what you can expect things to cost and advising on how to get the best value for every penny
- Creating with you an event design that reflects your vision and personalities and works well with your choice of venue and date and finding all the right suppliers to create your perfect vision
- Putting together a program of events / an itinerary of activities for your guests over the days they are in Scotland to create a once-in-a-lifetime trip for yourself and your guests and assistant with logistics and planning
- Submitting suggestions to you for venues which I believe will fit perfectly with your vision and needs and coordinating with the chosen venue throughout the process on your behalf
- Pairing you with the right team of reliable, good value vendors from florists to photographers, including use of our company discounts and favourable terms where applicable
- Managing your team of vendors, from emails to meetings and acting as your point of contact in Scotland throughout the planning process.
- Full administrative management of the event from budget tracking to ensuring every task is done on time
- Sharing of a Dropbox folder between us to ensure constant real time exchange of information with unlimited consultations via telephone, skype and email, including evenings and weekends at times to suit you.
- Management of your marriage license applications and the Visa process to ensure the practicalities are taken care of
- Wedding day attire recommendations and assistance coordinating gentleman’s traditional Scottish outfitting, as well as coordinating kilt hire for guests if needed.
- Etiquette advisement on every aspect of the wedding, from Scottish dress to first dances and how to bring a uniquely Scottish flavour to the big day.
- Assistance with design and planning of print materials, from welcome itineraries to the order of service.
- Suggestions for ideas for entertainment, music and activities both on and around the wedding day.
- Planning transportation for both the couple and guests on the wedding day and coordinating your wedding week schedules to make you feel relaxed throughout the process.
- Working with you on your wedding vows and the ceremony plan with the celebrant to create a beautiful and personalised ceremony from music choices to timings
- Guiding you through selecting your wedding party, and assisting them with fulfilling their role on the day
- Design and supply of bespoke welcome gifts for guests as well as favours and wedding party gifts.
- On the day coordination and management of the wedding to give you the extra support and peace of mind you need on the day.
Note: Weddings By Sara Jane is the only Wedding Planning company to be accredited by the UKAWP in Scotland, guaranteeing you that we are established, appropriately insured, trustworthy and treat our clients professionally. One thing we never do is take commissions on your behalf. If we get favourable terms from vendors, we pass on all discounts to you – our objective is simply to give you the best possible wedding we can.